.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIY Poetry Publishing Cooperative

March 27, 2006

Bear Parade launches with an e-book by Tao Lin

A new online magazine (or should we call it an e-book series?) called Bear Parade has just launched, with a selection of nine new poems by Tao Lin called this emotion was a little e-book.








i'll write another poem instead of looking for a job

i’m going to look at madison, wisconsin through a telescope then move there

five-million-dollar poems are going to come from my head if i move from new york
     to wisconsin

each word i type further alienates me from other human beings

i am willing to interpret an alien crash-landing a UFO in wisconsin as a 'desperate cry
     for help'

i just feel alienated from the noises that are coming out of your head

i'm going to look at other human beings through a telescope then make a
     desperate noise

five million dollars wouldn't really further alienate me from my poetry

i'm going to stare at my poetry then move my desperate noise there

'good idea,' i just typed

i feel that i just further alienated myself from my own desperate poem

human beings who interpret my poetry as a 'cry for help' further alienate me generally

i feel alienated from the noises that just came out of my cell phone

i'm going to look at you through a telescope then move there for help

from outer space madison, wisconsin looks and feels like a 'desperately good idea'

i feel that helping an alien crash-land a five-million-dollar UFO is a really desperate
     thing to do

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i feel that my poetry is fucking stupid

Click here for more. And stay tuned for Tao's forthcoming poetry collection you are a little bit unhappier than i am forthcoming from Action Books, and his short story collection bed, forthcoming from Melville House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home