.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIY Poetry Publishing Cooperative

June 07, 2006

Kate Greenstreet practices interrogation with Laura Sims


What influence has the book's publication had on your subsequent writing?

Unfortunately, I haven't been writing very much since the book came out. Is it the book's fault? I don't know. From the time I found out about the Alberta until the book's publication I felt like I was in limbo and couldn't really start anything new. So maybe it is the book's fault! Oh well, it was worth the sacrifice. I'm sure the fragmented teaching life (did I mention, at three different schools? I like to highlight my martyrdom...) didn't help much, either. I have started a new project, but haven't been writing enough for it to be the least bit satisfying yet. I have about seven months of free time coming up now, though, thanks to the JUSFC/NEA fellowship, so that should help me get rolling. If it doesn't, I'll be really pissed at myself!

Read the rest here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home