.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIY Poetry Publishing Cooperative

January 18, 2006

Cy Gist Press submission call for My Spaceships

Mark Lamoureux of Cy Gist Press is seeking submissions for a chapbook to be called My Spaceship, which will also feature spacey coloring-book artwork.

Says Mark:

"I am happy to announce the call for submissions for the first Cy Gist press chapbook, My Spaceship. Cy Gist press will focus on chapbooks of ekphrastic poetry (that is, poems which describe/ interact with/ stem from works of visual art.) At this stage, the press will be focusing primarily on obscure texts in proprietary limbo. (In this instance, a black-and-white coloring book I had when I was a kid.) Submitted poems need not directly address or describe the images themselves—simply think of them as a point of origin. If you want to alter the images themselves with text, feel free to do this as well. Keep in mind, however, that the chapbook will be black-and-white only."

See the Cy Gist homepage for more info.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home