.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DIY Poetry Publishing Cooperative

August 17, 2006

I find myself practically guest blogging . . .

. . . in Jessica's comment box. (Thanks for indulging me, J.)

If you're interested in DIY publishing, the attendant "legitimacy issue," or the idea that the poet who writes and the poet who publishes are two distinct creatures (or sides of the same creature), go visit Simon, who looks at the psychology of self-publishing here. Jessica responds here, & then the conversation continues between J, Simon, Ian & myself (long-windedly!). (There's a slight stutter in the stream where comments crossed while waiting to be moderated.)

Also, I've been meaning to post the essay on DIY, legitimacy, vanity & other nonsense from the most recent issue of the tiny, but i'll have to wait for the end of the month. I don't have the final electronic copy, so I need to update it with the corrections, or scan it from the mag, and I just haven't had time.

Crossposted from the other blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home